Myofascial Release unwinds the chronic tension held in the connective tissue that wraps around our muscles and bones. Myofascial Release is a form of soft tissue bodywork therapy used to treat contracted connective tissues that result in pain and restriction of motion. Fascia is the soft tissue that provides support and protection for most structures within the human body, including muscle. The fascial system is also a vast communication network for our bodies. This connected tissue can become restricted due to disease, overuse, trauma, infectious agents, or inactivity, often resulting in pain, muscle tension, and corresponding diminished blood flow.
- Returning muscles and tissues to normal functioning and motion
- Decreased in inflammation in tissues
- Reduction in traumatic responses
- Elimination of scar tissue
- Increases communication between all systems connected through the fascia