An Alternative Approach to Health
Exploring our natural ability to heal and transform with therapeutic help
I follow a noninvasive Alternative Healing perspective in my therapeutic bodywork sessions. Alternative Healing is an approach to health care that evaluates and treats you as a complex and integrated being.
This way of working with you supports your ability to heal yourself by working with the natural reflexes in the body that can reduce pain and restore function. Rather than just eliminating symptoms, we look for the underlying causes. I use the same approach when working with energy or family systems.
Every aspect of us, body-mind-spirit, can self-correct with the proper attention, support and care. I work with muscles, bones, joints, fluids, nerves, energy and the natural laws that make everything work according to its inherent design. Working together, we can restore your natural balance and well-being.
Barry Krost is an amazing healer! I've received lasting results while experiencing a profound treatment each time we've worked together.-- Jennifer G., Chicago, IL
Creating a unique healing process using a range of effective techniques
- Ortho-Bionomy® — a powerful alternative healing technique that uses specific body positions to provide effective pain relief. In about 70% of sessions, this method restores balance to body, mind and spirit by engaging your natural ability to heal spontaneously.
- Reflexology — releases physical and energetic stress in organs, glands and tissues; moves us out of stress responses into natural function and reduces acute and chronic pain.
- Family and Systemic Constellations — releases imbalances that are rooted in our family system, frequently going back several generations, often the deeper reasons for disconnection of body, mind and spirit; also done as a stand-alone session.
- Lymph Drainage Therapy — supports the circulation of the lymph system necessary for optimum health and enhances the immune system's function; helps to reduce painful inflammation and is deeply relaxing.
- Myofascial Release – bodywork that unwinds connective tissues (fascia) that surround muscles, bones and joints, when they become constrictive. Helps to increase communication throughout the body and reduce traumatic responses.
- Trigger Point Therapy — uses direct pressure to release the tender points that are the cause of over 75% of muscle pain. Helps to reduce chronic pain and reduce stress.
- Energy Techniques — change stuck or traumatized patterns that are held in our energy field. Helps with the coordination of body, mind and spirit; very helpful for releasing stress and restoring balance.
- Mindfulness — guided meditation and/or breathing techniques are a powerful way to reduce stress and increase healing; heals to change the way we perceive and respond to the challenges in our lives.
Our family loves Barry! He has helped us with issues ranging from bunions to patella tendonitis, from menopausal symptoms to parental relationships... -- M.S., Oak Park, IL
May you awaken to the mystery of being here...
May you awaken to the mystery of being here and enter the quiet immensity of your own presence.
May you have joy and peace in the temple of your senses.
May you receive great encouragement when new frontiers beckon.
May you respond to the call of your gift and find the courage to follow its path.
May the flame of anger free you from falsity.
May warmth of heart keep your presence aflame and may anxiety never linger about you.
May your outer dignity mirror an inner dignity of soul.
May you take time to celebrate the quiet miracles that seek no attention.
May you be consoled in the secret symmetry of your soul.
May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder.
John O'Donohue (Anam Cara)